GEOLOGY & GEOGRAPHY COLLOQUIUM SERIES
The Department of Geology and Geography invites speakers from around the world to
talk with students and faculty within the department. All talks are free, and most
are open to the public.
****Notice: Remaining colloquia cancelled this semester.****
If we return to in-person classes this semester, we may invite local speakers to fill open slots
- Feb 21 – Paolo Farah, WVU Law, Culture and Humanities:Human Rights & A Comparative Analysis on the Protection of Intangible Cultural Heritage
- Feb 28 – Beth Christensen, Rowan University How Plate Tectonics Drove Continental Climate Change in Australia.
- March 6 – Matthew Finkenbinder (G & G Alum), Wilkes University A 5,000 year record of late Holocene climate change in Newfoundland reconstructed using oxygen isotope analysis of lake sediment cores.
- March 6 – Geo Conversations with Matthew Finkenbinder, 251 Brooks Hall, 10:00 am Special Event: Candid conversations for WVU undergraduates
- March 27 – Trevor Birkenholtz, Penn State
- April 3 - AAG Graduate Student Presentations
- April 17 – Angel Garcia, James Madison
- April 20 - G&G colloquium supports a wider university sponsored talk by Drs. Lindsay Cook, Michael Davis, and Vibeke Olson to discuss their work within the digital humanities to map the interior of the cathedral Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris: The Future of the Past. The event will be at the Gluck Theatre on Monday, April 20th from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- April 24 - Clara Rodriguez, Schlumberger and GeoLatinas
- May 1 - Matthew Fagan, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
The G&G Colloquium is only one line-up of exciting events available to you.
Keep your eyes out for the speaker series of our new WVU Center for
Resilient Communities, housed here in Brooks Hall. Dr. Bradley Wilson is director
of this novel initiative.
*Schedule is subject to change. The specific requirements for graduate students
enrolled in colloquium will be noted in follow-up emails in the coming days.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. María Alejandra Pérez (G&G
Colloquium Chair) at email@example.com.